Does your little one get a little intimidated seeing an adult dentist? If yes, it is quite natural and common. However, understanding the dental needs of your children in advance gives a guarantee for a beautiful smile later. Are you looking for a child dentist? It gets a bit tricky to find the right dentist for kids when you look for the right expertise, a friendly environment and facilities for kids along with personnel.
Who is a Pediatric Dentist?
Pediatric dentists specialize in taking care of children’s oral health from infancy through their teen years. They are experienced and qualified to look after the oral health of kids.
What training is required to be done by a pediatric dentist?
A pediatric dentist must complete at least:
- Four years of dental schooling.
- Additional two years of specialized training in dentistry for children with their specific needs.
What are the different kinds of treatments offered by a pediatric dentist?
- Oral health examination of infants,
- Preventive oral care treatments include oral cleaning and fluoride treatment as well as suggestions related to diet.
- Repairment of tooth cavities and damages.
- Prior assessment of any misalignment issues and their treatment
- Handling conditions like gum diseases, ulcers, mucoceles, periodontal diseases, etc.
- Emergency care for dental injuries.
Where can one find a pediatric dentist?
They practice in several locations like a private practice, dental schools, medical center’s, etc. You can take recommendations from your pediatrician to find the right pediatric dentist.
Why choose Smile Dental Spa?
Our clinic has experts in this field who make your child feel comfortable and ensures their good oral health. We offer a comprehensive range of services and every child’s specific needs are addressed. Contact us today to discover what we offer.