Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures Tracy, CA
If you are in your junior year of high school, it is time to think ahead to your senior pictures. These are the pictures that will remain in infamy in your school yearbook and looked at by all your friends for decades. This is not your casual selfie, but something you want to really look amazing in. Your smile is the first thing people will notice in your senior pictures, so visiting the dentist is the best way to improve how you look.
Change What You Dislike About Your Smile
At Smiles Dental Spa, we can examine you in our cosmetic dentistry office and discuss what you do not like about your smile. If you have gaps between your teeth or they are crooked, stained, or misshapen, we can fix them in our Tracy, CA dental office. There are several ways we can address most aesthetic issues. We will begin by conducting an examination, taking X-rays, discussing the timeframe we are working with, and then presenting you and your parents a variety of options to choose. Since some have set time constraints, it is best to schedule your appointment with our office as soon as possible. You can do so by calling (209) 585-1475.
Dental Veneers to Give You a Flawless Smile
When you want a smile that rivals any Hollywood star, dental veneers are your best option. Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells bonded to the surface of your prepared teeth. They essentially replace the outer layer of your teeth, the enamel. Once bonded in place, all you see is the veneers and not the teeth beneath them. As a result, they can be used to change the shape and size of your teeth so your smile is symmetrical. They can also close gaps between your teeth, cover dark stains, and make your teeth appear straight, even though their actual position has not changed. At Smiles Dental Spa, we place dental veneers on a regular basis and work to produce the best results possible. During your first appointment with our Tracy office, we will make an impression of your teeth and take measurements in addition to preparing your teeth. This requires us to remove a portion of your enamel so when the veneers are placed, they lay flat and do not make your teeth appear overly large. We will then provide you with a set of temporary veneers to wear while the lab completes the permanent ones. In a week or two, you will need to return to our office so your final set of veneers can be bonded to your teeth. Since several appointments are required and your teeth will be sore for a few weeks, it is recommended to schedule an appointment for around two months before your senior pictures. This way, your smile will be beautiful, and you will be used to your veneers long before stepping in front of the camera. To schedule your appointment, call 209-585-1475.
Check out what others are saying about our dental support services on Yelp: Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures Tracy
Dental Bonding to Improve the Appearance of Your Teeth
If your senior pictures are just around the corner, the fastest way to improve the appearance of your smile is with dental bonding. Unlike dental veneers, which can take a month, or Invisalign®, which can take a year, dental bonding can be completed in one appointment. This is a non-invasive procedure that is completed chairside, meaning without help from the dental lab. When you come in for your initial consultation, we will discuss the concerns you have about your teeth and then strategize as to the best way to correct them. For example, if one tooth is longer than the rest, we could shave off a portion of it and use dental bonding to contour it. If your teeth are yellow and severely stained, we can place dental bonding material on top of them to cover these deep stains. We can even use bonding to close small gaps in between your teeth, to restore teeth that have been cracked or chipped, and to change their overall shape and size. Dental bonding material is incredibly diverse because once applied to prepared teeth, we can shape it right then and there. Once it looks exactly right, we will harden it with a special dental light and you will be on your way. You can have your senior pictures taken that week, and your smile will look amazing.
Schedule a Consultation Today
At Smiles Dental Spa, we can improve your smile in time for your senior pictures. Since time is of the essence, call (209) 585-1475 to schedule an appointment with our Tracy, CA dental office right away.
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. Can dental veneers improve my smile’s appearance?
Q. Can dental bonding improve my smile?
People Also Ask
Q. Can teeth whitening truly remove stains off of my teeth?
Q. Does whitening toothpaste really work?
Q. Is it dangerous to bleach teeth at home without professional supervision?
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide is a solution that contains hydrogen peroxide and can help to whiten teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Deeper Teeth Stains
- Deeper teeth stains are stains that require professional oral health services and can result from certain foods, beverages or improper oral hygiene.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Relief ACP
- Relief ACP stands for amorphous calcium phosphate, which helps to relieve the pain in sensitive teeth in a gel form.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages with a lack of proper brushing. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the teeth.
- Surface Enamel
- The surface enamel is the hard outer shell that protects the dentin and pulp of the teeth. The enamel is the surface that people see when one smiles.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and faded teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Concentrate
- Teeth whitening concentrate is the bleaching agent that whitens the shade of teeth, which is more effective from a professional and not a general store product.
Back to top of Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures
Dental Restoration Smile Makeover
Having a smile makeover involves changing the external and, when necessary, internal parts of your teeth. This may include the gums and jawbone as well. Your dentist will work with you in achieving your cosmetic and functional goals. If you want to know how a smile makeover can provide dental restoration, here are the details.Missing…
4 Ways A Smile Makeover Can Improve Your Smile
Patients who wish for brighter, straighter, and stronger teeth may have their desires fulfilled in the form of a smile makeover. Qualified dentists can use several techniques to cosmetically alter patients’ smiles. Patients who are dissatisfied with the color, shape, or brightness of their smile should consider asking a licensed dentist about receiving this popular…
Tips On Extending The Benefits Of A Smile Makeover
Undergoing a smile makeover is a great way to enhance your overall look. This article discusses a few essential general dentistry techniques for maintaining a healthy smile after a smile makeover. If essential oral health care measures are not followed, the benefits will not last long.The oral care measures to take after a smile makeover…
5 Benefits Of Doing A Smile Makeover
For many people, a smile makeover can positively impact their lives. Addressing unsightly or damaged teeth can be very beneficial for numerous patients. Some of the most common causes of tooth damage include: Severe untreated tooth decay Trauma or injury, resulting in chips, cracks, or breaks Enamel loss from overbrushing or a highly acidic diet…